Completion of Bari port facilities
GRANDI LAVORI FINCOSIT S.p.A. – Roma
The completion of the port facilities in Bari, in the Pizzoli-Marisabella area, requires the execution of geological surveys in the areas involved in the dredging operations.
The activity Terra S.r.l. will provide during may-july 2013, consist in:
- 43 vertical coring (from 10m to 5m of length), for a total drilling length of 327 meters, to be executed possibly with wire-line technique
- SPT tests performed with sediment thicknesses greater than 1.50 m
- detailed stratigraphic description for each survey with information on core lithology, joint frequency, tilt, RQD index, opening, joint surfaces degree of alteration, presence and nature of fill material
- collection of undisturbed samples, from 2 to 4 per borehole in function of the length of the same, for a total of 133 samples
- point load test on extracted cores
- visual investigations in each borehole through optical televiewer OPTV
Seismic profiles using reflection seismology were carried out dredging area to obtain information about morphology and stratigraphy of the seabed.